NO CRYING AT MY FUNERAL

NO CRYING AT MY FUNERAL

Monday, February 5, 2018

WHAT SOURCES DO YOU LEARN FROM?

I was asked this question the other day.  It came from a person whom I respect and so I know that it is not troll bait, or chum as it is sometimes called in the "trade."  
I must say that the question caught me by surprise.  I had to admit that I have but one final, do not pass "go" source, The Bible and the Intellectual and Spiritual Treasury of the Church.  From there I use the dept and breadth of the Internet to feed myself, and there through the use of print media as it appears electronically.  I am an habitual reader of
NBC
VOX
DAILY BEAST
WASHINGTON POST
HUFFINGTON POST
NEW YORK TIMES
LE MONDE
FIGARO
BBC
Those are for current events.
Customary research sources are
NEW ADVENT
VATICAN/HOLY SEE SITE
BIBLE

I am also accustomed to perusing the writings of the ancient Greek Philosophers, especially Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates.
I like William of Ockham and finally I admit that Karl Marx is someone whom I admire, especially his theory of material dialectic.

I am a free thinker and I do not identify myself as a liberal (leftist) or a conservative (rightist) and  do not align myself with any of the contemporary talkers and thinkers.  I allow myself to question the positions of those who have them and posit them in the public square.  I am convinced that my opinions and convictions are every bit as valid as anyone else's and I am not afraid to express them.  I do not align myself to  an existing political party or social movement.  

I do not consider myself a relativist but I strive to keep myself in the dynamic center of the truth.  I am convinced that it is in the center where the truth is in constant dynamic development toward its inevitable final absolute and eternal reality.  I identify that with the one real absolute in which I believe and to which I cling.  To wit, the transition from this life to the next and the effort that it takes to live up to the expectations of the Eternal God.  

Oh, and the last absolute, there is to be no crying at my funeral.


No comments: